BrightPay seamlessly integrates with FreeAgent
Using API technology, BrightPay offers full integration with FreeAgent allowing both the payroll software and accounting software system to directly communicate with each other.
BrightPay will produce the payroll journal in a file format that is unique to FreeAgent allowing users to easily send their payroll figures into their general ledger. The BrightPay API facility eliminates the manual export and import process, automating tedious, repetitive and time-consuming tasks.
By using BrightPay and FreeAgent together, users will be able to increase efficiency, avoid duplication of efforts and reduce the possibility of manual processing errors.
How does the BrightPay and FreeAgent integration work?
- When you sign into your FreeAgent account in BrightPay, your nominal ledger accounts will be retrieved where users can simply map each payroll data item to the relevant nominal account.
- The payroll journal can include records for payslips across multiple pay frequencies.
- Users can include individual records for each employee or merge the records for each unique date.
- A nominal account can be used for multiple items.
- You can also specify any circumstances for which amounts should be mapped to an alternate nominal account code (e.g. depending on period type, directorship, departments, specific rates/additions/deductions, etc.).
Watch the BrightPay and FreeAgent video or check out this help guide to find out more about BrightPay's integration with FreeAgent.
Multi-Award Winning Payroll Software
FreeAgent is an award-winning cloud accounting software specifically designed for small businesses and their accountants. A rapidly growing number of UK accountancy practices use FreeAgent to work more effectively with their clients by utilising innovative features including bulk payroll preparation and filing, and customised alerts that flag potential issues with client data as they happen. Accountants are able to use the MTD-compatible software’s powerful functionality PLUS the new BrightPay API payroll integration to save time dealing with their clients’ bookkeeping and payroll.
FreeAgent won the Best Small Business Accounting Software category at the 2018 AccountingWEB Software Excellence Awards and is a former winner at the British Accountancy Awards. The company is a FCSA partner and has been listed twice on the Deloitte Fast 50, as well as being named “one to watch” in the Tech Track 100.