BrightPay Connect - Online Automatic Backup and Self-Service Portal
BrightPay Connect is an optional add-on cloud product for BrightPay Payroll which allows users to connect their BrightPay Payroll employer data to a web based portal. BrightPay Connect will provide the following features:
Secure Online Automated Backup
Users can automatically backup and restore payroll information on your computer to and from BrightPay Connect. There is no need to hit any backup button, this is an automated process. BrightPay Connect will synchronise any changes you make to your payroll or employee information back to BrightPay Payroll. Your historical backups and data files are accessible and can be restored at any time.
Online Self Service Portal
The online portal allows payroll bureaus, employers and employees to log in and access their payroll data. Employees can view and access their payroll information. Employers can view their company’s payroll information, a company annual leave calendar, approve employee requests, access reports and HMRC payment details. Payroll bureaus can access an overview of all of the client's payroll information.
Employee Self Service
Employees can access their own payroll information by logging into their personal BrightPay Connect portal. They can access their own personal leave calendar, view remaining holiday days, view sick leave taken, request annual leave, view and change their contact information, access payslips and other payroll and employment related documents.
Employees payslips are stored securely on BrightPay Connect allowing for easy access on the go for employees. Employers will still have the ability to email, download or print payslips from BrightPay Payroll. Payslips can be set up by the user to be automatically available on BrightPay Connect with an email notification to employees, eliminating the need to manually email them from BrightPay Payroll. Employees can view and download their historical payslips.
Employers will have access to an overview of their payroll, a company annual leave calendar for all employees, payroll reports, employee information and more. Employers can authorise or approve employee requests such as a change of address or annual leave requests. BrightPay Connect automatically synchronises these changes to BrightPay Payroll on your computer. Watch the BrightPay Connect Employer Video here.
Payroll Bureau Dashboard
Bureaus will have online access to an overview of their payroll clients payroll information. Bureaus can also view the employers PAYE reference code, when the last payroll has been finalised to, their clients automatic enrolment staging date and more. Watch the BrightPay Connect Payroll Bureau Video here.
Annual Leave Calendar
Employees can request holidays through their employee portal. Once an annual leave request has been submitted by an employee, an email will be sent to the employer informing them of the employee's request. Employers can then either authorise or reject the annual leave request. Once completed, the employee will then receive an authorisation or rejection email confirming whether or not the annual leave has been authorised. If annual leave is approved this synchronises back to the calendar in the employer file in BrightPay Payroll.
Payroll Documents & Reports
BrightPay Payroll has the ability to build and save employer reports. Reports that have been set up in BrightPay Payroll will then be automatically available on BrightPay Connect. Through the online dashboard, employers can access and view these reports at any time. P30 details are also included with a record of HMRC payments and amounts due.
Data Protection & Security
BrightPay Connect is built using a compartmentalised design structure that maximises security. Each user will have their own log in details and password. BrightPay Connect utilises the Microsoft Azure platform to give our customers reliability, scalability, data redundancy, geo-replication and timely security updates out of the box.
Employee Smart Phone App
The BrightPay Connect self-service app introduces powerful features providing a digital payslip platform where employees benefit from secure access anytime, anywhere, using their smartphone or tablet. The employee app is available to download for free on any Android or iOS device. Through these app features, you can provide your employees with access to GDPR compliant self-service tools, a payslip library and a user-friendly holiday leave management facility. Click here for a full list of app features.
BrightPay Connect acts as a HR management package and is an integrated solution that can accelerate HR processes across your organisation. Run your HR operations with ease by managing and simplifying your workforce management. BrightPay Connect covers all of your core HR needs, including employee management and leave management.
- Employee Management: By law you are required to keep and provide certain information about your employees. BrightPay Connect records and stores your employee data, leave & absenteeism and key HR documents in one secure online location. This also allows users to access an overview of employees for employee performance and development purposes.
- Document Upload: Users can store and manage sensitive employee documents securely in the cloud. BrightPay Connect allows you to upload employee documents such as company newsletters, employee contracts and handbooks, appraisal documents, company pension information and even disciplinary correspondence.
- Training Management: Using the document upload feature, users can store qualifications and certs for each employee. These documents will be available to both the employer and the employee. Company training documents can also be uploaded and easily distributed to all employees online.
- Manage Staff Leave: BrightPay Connect takes the burden out of managing staff leave by streamlining the process. Users can easily reduce the processing time of leave requests. Employee leave that is approved or recorded by an employer in BrightPay Connect is then automatically synced back to BrightPay Payroll. Employers can approve employee leave requests in minutes which allows you to monitor staff leave to ensure you have adequate cover at all times.
Users may wish to give senior employees or management access to certain functions on BrightPay Connect. Employees can be set up with restricted access to the high level payroll information but can be given various degrees of access to approve employee leave requests, change employee contact details, view financial information including payslips and payroll reports, view employee HR documents and view high level employees such as directors.
Adding new users to BrightPay Connect is easy. Employers can grant access for additional users to view the company payroll data, authorise annual leave requests, process payroll and more. There is no limit to the amount of additional users that can be set up. There are two types of users:
- An administrator has full control over a BrightPay Connect account, with the ability to edit account settings, add other users, redeem purchase codes, connect employers and manage all employer and employee information and processes
- A standard user typically has access to just one employer in your BrightPay Connect account, although they can be granted access to multiple employers if required. A standard user can view all employer (and associated employees) information and process employee self-service requests.
An employer that looks after their own payroll can grant access to their accountant so that the accountant will be able to create the various reports necessary for accounts preparation.
BrightPay Connect - Payroll
BrightPay Connect does not have the ability to process payroll. This function is only available through the BrightPay Payroll desktop application. However, both BrightPay Payroll and BrightPay Connect are integrated and directly linked to access payroll information.
BrightPay Connect - Pricing
For a single employer, BrightPay Connect costs £49 + VAT per year. This price includes cloud backup, employer dashboard and the employee self service portal for all employees. For bureau customers who have multiple payroll clients we offer bureau discounts for several BrightPay Connect licences.