View this webpage as a PDF →
Welcome to BrightPay Connect!
Your payroll processor is introducing a new online payroll portal for both you and your employees, bringing a wide range of features and benefits. Discover the features and benefits below, and access help guides and videos to help you with your new online portal.
What is BrightPay Connect?
BrightPay Connect introduces you to an easy to use online dashboard with a wide range of features and benefits for employers and managers.
Payroll Records - Instantly access your employees' payslips and payroll documents, run your own payroll reports, and view amounts due to HMRC anywhere, anytime through your secure online portal.
Employee Calendar - The real-time employee calendar allows you and other managers to see at a glance who is on leave, when, and whether they are on annual leave, unpaid leave, parenting leave or sick leave.
- Invite your employees to their online self-service portal and employee app where they can access their payslip library, request annual leave, access HR documents and update personal contact details. Find out more
Employee Smartphone App - Employees can download their employee app on their Smartphone or tablet giving them instant access to their payroll information - on the go. The employee app is available to download for free on any Android or iOS device.
Leave Management - Employees can submit holiday requests with a few simple clicks. Managers will be notified of the request and can view the holiday calendar online before approving, ensuring that you always have sufficient cover.
Company Messaging - Whether it’s an important memo, the company newsletter, or details of a staff party, the notification system will transform internal communications. All employees can be kept up-to-date on what is happening in the workplace, regardless of where they are located.
Upload Employee Hours
- Easily submit your employee hours each pay period to your payroll processor through your secure online portal. You can also inform your payroll processor of any new employees. Find out more
Approve Your Payroll
- Instantly approve the payroll figures through your secure online employer dashboard, eliminating the need to send documents with sensitive personal information by email. Find out more
HR Documents & Resources - You can share documents and resources with individuals, teams or the whole company at the touch of a button. Track who has viewed circulated documents and who has not.
Employee Records - Employers and managers can keep track of their employee’s basic personal details, which can be updated by employees. This ensures that you have the most accurate and current details on file for your employees.
Secure Cloud Storage - When it comes to payroll, data security is extremely important. Payroll information is stored on Microsoft Azure, which is one of the safest ways to store personal data securely.
* Please note, your payroll processor may not be using all of the features listed above.
Benefits for Employers
You should now have an understanding of what you can do through your online employer portal. But how is it beneficial for you? Here are some of the key advantages of your online employer dashboard.
Secure & GDPR Compliant
You have an additional layer of data protection with automated backups of payroll data, employee self-service access, centralised document storage, encrypted document exchange and secure communications.
HR & Leave Management Tool
Benefit from a ready-to-go, easy-to-use HR software solution, streamlining previously cumbersome people management tasks. HR software does not need to be complicated or out-of-reach for the small employer.
Online Access 24/7
You have instant access to payroll information, anywhere, anytime. Access payslips, run payroll reports and view amounts due to HMRC without having to wait for your payroll processor to send the information to you.
Automated Payslip Distribution
Some payroll processors send payslips directly to the employer to distribute the payslips to their employees. Payslips are automatically available to employees through their secure self-service portal, eliminating the need to print or email payslips to employees.
Reduce your HR Workload
With the employee self-service system employees can retrieve their historic payslips, view their annual leave calendar, check their leave balance remaining and update their personal information, all without once contacting HR personnel, freeing up time to focus on core business functions.
Although your payroll processor completes the payroll for you, you can maintain full control over your payroll. With the ability to upload employee hours and approve the payroll, you have flexibility and control of the payroll and you can authorise the payroll run before the payslips are issued to employees.
Employee Self-Service App & Portal
Employees can be invited to their own self-service portal which can be accessed via any internet browser. An employee smartphone and tablet app is also available to download for free on any Android or iOS device. The employee self-service system introduces a number of features including:
- 24/7 online access anywhere, anytime
- Alerts and notifications directly to the employee’s smartphone
- A digital payslip library with current and historic payslips
- View and download HR documents and resources
- View an employee calendar with past and scheduled leave
- Request leave on the go from the employee’s smartphone
- View their leave balance remaining
- Read internal company messaging
- Update their personal contact details
Self-Service User Access
Inviting your employees to the employee self-service
- Log in to your employer dashboard and go into the ‘Employees’ tab.
- At the top right of the screen, click ‘Send Invitation Emails’.
- Select the employees that you would like to send a personalised email to with instructions on how to log in.
- Click ‘Send to Selected Employees’. All employees selected will now be sent a welcome email containing instructions on how they can log in to their own self-service portal.
Click here to read the full help guide. Below is an 'Employee Starter Pack' containing step-by-step guides and videos that you can send to your employees after you have sent the invitation email.
* Please note, your payroll processor may have completed this step on your behalf - check with your payroll processor to see if this needs to be done.
Inviting line managers / department managers / HR managers
Managers can be invited to use an employer dashboard. Your payroll processor can set up user permissions when adding a user, such as the ability to:
- View financial information including payslips and reports.
- View employees marked as confidential.
- View employee documents.
- Approve employee requests.
Your payroll processor can also set up user restrictions by department. For example, you may have a manager who you wish to view the leave calendar and approve requests for employees in their particular department, but you may not want them to view any payroll information or the leave calendars for employees in other departments.
* Please contact your payroll processor if you wish to set up additional users for managers within your company.
There are a number of help guides and video tutorials on our website that can assist you with your online employer portal. Here are some of the most common help guides: