Our support lines are extremely busy as a result of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme being administered through payroll. Our Covid-19 Resources Documentation will generally answer your query

Also, please note that our support staff are working from home and may answer your call in a sometimes chaotic home environment. We appreciate your patience.

Jan 2016


Apply for Statutory Payments in Advance with HMRC

Recovery rates and National Insurance contributions threshold will remain the same for the 2016-17 tax year, as announced by HMRC. An update has been provided via GOV.UK from HMRC on how to apply for statutory payment types in advance, such as maternity pay, parental, paternal or adoption pay. This is only relevant if the employer requires financial assistance.

In order to apply for the statutory pay in advance with HMRC you will need to either use the online service which you can do through your Government Gateway log in or by completing a form on screen and emailing this to HMRC. You will only need to enter the amount of weeks you are claiming in the 2015-16 tax year. If you are applying for the 2016-17 tax year also you can claim this by indicating that it is for the New tax year. Both can be claimed at the one time but need to be identified on the claim as Current tax year and New tax year.

Further details can be found at https://www.gov.uk/recover-statutory-payments/if-you-cant-afford-to-make-payments

Posted byDebbie ClarkeinPayroll