To access this utility, click Employer, followed by Edit Employer Details. Sections available for completing/ editing are:
1) Employer Name
2) Name - a Trade Name can also be entered here, if applicable
3) Employer Address
1) Employer PAYE Reference - mandatory for RTI submissions
2) Accounts Office Reference - mandatory for RTI submissions
3) HMRC Office Name
4) HMRC Office Phone Number
5) Small Employers' Relief - tick if the employer qualifies for Small Employers' Relief
6) Scottish Variable Rate - tick if the Scottish Variable Rate is to apply
7) Employer Contracted-Out Number (ECON) - if you operate an occupational contracted-out pension scheme, enter your Employer Contracted-Out number
8) Self Assessment Unique Tax Reference - enter your reference here, if applicable
9) Corporation Tax Reference - enter your reference here, if applicable
10) BACS Service User Number (SUN) - enter your Service User Number, if applicable
11) Payroll Giving Reference - enter your reference here, if applicable
This section allows the user to create settings that will be used as the default when adding a new employee. They can of course be changed on an individual basis if required. These settings are:
1) Typical Pay Frequency
2) Typical Pay Basis
3) Typical Pay Method
4) Typical Annual Leave Year Starts
5) Typical Annual Leave Entitlement Method
6) Typical Annual Leave Days in Year
7) Typical Annual Leave Carry-Over
8) Typical Working Days
9) Tax refunds - by default, the payroll system will not give a tax refund to an employee who has zero pay. If you wish to give your employees who are on a cumulative basis a tax refund when their pay is zero simply un-tick this box.
10) Sick Pay - if your company has its own Sick Pay Scheme and you wish to operate your own scheme rather than HMRC's Statutory Sick Pay scheme, tick this box to not pay SSP by default.
11) RTI BACS Sub-Reference - tick this field if you would like the software to automatically assign a BACS sub-reference to each payslip.
This section must be completed in order to send your RTI Submissions to HMRC.
1) Sender Type - select your sender type from the drop down menu
2) Sender ID and Password - enter your Sender ID and Password. This information is provided by the HMRC
3) Contact Details - enter your contact details as required by the HMRC for RTI submissions
Need help? Support is available at 0345 9390019 or firstname.lastname@example.org.