NOTE: You are viewing documentation for a previous tax year version of BrightPay. Click here
to view the documentation for the current 2019/20 tax year version.
Switching an Employee's Pay Frequency
BrightPay facilitates the switching of an employee’s pay frequency should this be required.
Within the Payroll utility:
- Select the current open pay period on the payment schedule bar
- Click More on the menu toolbar, followed by Switch Employee(s) Payment Schedule ...
- Select the employee(s) you wish to switch and press Continue
- Select the Schedule you wish to switch the employee(s) to:
- If you currently have no employees in the pay schedule you are switching to, enter in your ‘starting in’ date and ‘pay date’ required.
- If you wish to update the employees’ basic pay amounts, also tick this option.
- Click OK to complete the switch of pay frequency.
Please Note: BrightPay will only allow a switch to take place when one pay frequency is aligned with another.
Weekly paid employees can only be switched to a monthly pay frequency when the week ending date in the current open weekly pay period is in line with the month you are switching to.
If the original pay frequency isn’t aligned with the selected pay frequency, BrightPay will notify you of this: