BrightPay 2018/19 (effective for pay periods on or after 06th April) is available to download from mid March 2018.
Each annual installation of BrightPay installs separately to each previous tax year version. Therefore, once installed, you will see a new icon appear on your desktop for you to access BrightPay 2018/19:
If you used BrightPay 2017/18, you will need to instruct BrightPay 2018/19 to import your employer data files and all associated employee data records from 2017/18 into 2018/19 by following the steps below:
1) First establish the location of your 2017/18 BrightPay employer data file(s). You can do this by simply hovering over an employer name on your 2017/18 Open Company screen (as shown). The location from which the employer data file opens will be displayed on screen:
2) Open the BrightPay 2018/19 software.
3) Click 'Import Employer' followed by 'Import BrightPay 2017/18 files(s)...'
4) Browse to the location of your 2017/18 employer data files, highlight the employer data file and simply select Open.
5) If you are importing multiple employer data files:
6) Select Open
7) All selected 2017/18 employer files will now be imported into BrightPay 2018/19 and will be listed in the 2018/19 Open Company screen.
8) Please note: if the employer file is password protected, the password will be the same as the previous year.
Please note: All employee data records will be reset for the start of the new tax year and all associated 2018/19 budgetary changes will be applied as per HMRC instruction.
Employees without a new tax code
Carry forward the authorised tax code from the employee's 2017/18 payroll record to their 2018/19 payroll record. Authorised codes include BR, SBR, D0, SD0, D1, SD1 and NT.
However, if you have received a 2017/18 tax code on a form P6 too late to use in 2017/18, carry forward this code instead.
Do not copy or carry over any ‘week 1’ or ‘month 1’ markings.
Please note: BrightPay will automatically uplift all L codes by 35, all M codes by 39 and all N codes by 31 and will remove any Week 1 or Month 1 tax marker on import from 2017/18 BrightPay into 2018/19 BrightPay.
Keep and use the form P9(T) or other tax code notification with the most recent date on for each employee.
HMRC advises :
• scrap any form P9(T) or other tax code notification for the same employee with an earlier date
• copy the tax code from the form P9(T) or other tax code notification onto your payroll record
• update any tax codes where you have received form P9(T) or other tax code notification after you have set up your payroll records.
Need help? Support is available at 0345 9390019 or email@example.com.