BrightPay facilitates the import of employee information, and if applicable mid-year totals to date, using a Full Payment Submission (FPS) file created in Moneysoft.
Using an FPS file created in your previous software is the quickest way to bring across your basic employee information.
1. Locate your FPS file from Moneysoft:
When an FPS is created in Moneysoft and submitted to HMRC, a copy of this FPS file is saved to:
C:\ Users\ <user name>\ Documents\ Payroll\ Online Filing XML Files
2. Open BrightPay and 'Create New Employer':
3. Select how you wish to use BrightPay:
4. Complete each screen accordingly with your relevant employer information.
For further assistance with this, please see our support section on Adding a New Employer
5. Once you have entered and saved your employer information, go to 'File > Import/Export Data > Import Employees from an FPS File... '
6. Browse to the location of your FPS file, select it and press 'Open'
Important note: make sure that the FPS with the most recent modified date is chosen, to ensure that the most up-to-date employee information (and year to date amounts, if applicable) is imported.
7. Employee information contained within the FPS selected will now be displayed on screen.
Review your employee information to ensure that the correct FPS has been selected. Should you not wish to import an employee, simply untick their name.
8. When ready press OK to complete the import
Employees and their mid year totals to date (if applicable) will now be imported into BrightPay
Following the import, further employee information can be manually entered within 'Employees', if required. It is also recommended that all employee details are reviewed before processing any payroll to ensure information imported in is correct and applicable for the tax year in question.
If you have migrated to BrightPay mid-year, any mid-year cumulative pay information imported in via your CSV file can also be viewed here in each employee’s ‘Mid-Year Totals’ section.
After reviewing your employee information, simply click the 'Payroll' tab to commence processing payroll.
Need help? Support is available at 0345 9390019 or firstname.lastname@example.org.