NOTE: You are viewing documentation for a previous tax year version of BrightPay. Click here
to view the documentation for the current 2020/21 tax year version.
Importing Notes using CSV file
To import payslip notes each pay period, go to Payroll > More > Import Pay Records from CSV File > Import Notes:
1) Browse to the location of your CSV File
2) Select the required file and click 'Open'
3) Your employee data will be displayed on screen. For each column, choose the payment data it represents. Ignore any columns and uncheck any rows you do not wish to be imported.
- To assist with column selection, simply select 'Match Header Row'. BrightPay will try and match as many columns as it can for you
- Also indicate whether you would like to replace the equivalent items that are already present on the employees' payslips with the new items being imported in by selecting/de-selecting 'Replace Existing'
- Should you wish to remember your column selection for future imports, instruct BrightPay to 'Remember Columns'. BrightPay will subsequently remember the column selection used in the previous import when next importing a CSV file.
- Should you wish to reset your column selection at any time, select 'Reset All Columns'.
4) Click Import to complete the import of your notes information.
Fields which can be imported into BrightPay using the 'Notes' CSV File option are:
Employee First Name
Employee Works Number
Employee NI Number
Is For Employer (Does Not Appear On Payslip)