NOTE: You are viewing documentation for a previous tax year version of BrightPay. Click here
to view the documentation for the current 2020/21 tax year version.
Expenses & Benefits - End of Year
BrightPay can produce P11Ds & and the P11D(b) to send to HMRC after year end.
- The form P11D provides information of the benefits & expenses provided to employees that were not payrolled.
- The form P11D(b) is used to declare the amount of Class 1A NICs the employer must pay on benefits and expenses provided for the year.
The 'benefit tax accounting method' selected will determine the treatment on the end of year return - further information on adding benefits and expenses can be found here.
Sending the return to HMRC
To send the expenses and benefits return to HMRC using BrightPay, simply select 'RTI' on the menu bar:
- Click New on the menu toolbar and select Expenses and Benefits (EXB):
- If you are agree to the information displayed, select 'Create Submission'
- Click Send Now to submit the return to HMRC.