Maintenance Orders may be issued by a court, instructing an employer to deduct a certain amount from an employee's wage or salary in order to meet maintenance payments.
1) Go to Payroll, and select the employee from the listing
2) Under Additions & Deductions, click the Add button
3) Select Attachment Orders…
4)Click ‘Add Attachment Order’ and select the appropriate Attachment Order from the listing.
Type and Dates
1) Enter a description for the Attachment Order.
2) Enter the reference number of the Attachment Order, which can be found on the documentation received.
3) Enter the date the Order was made.
4) Enter the date to apply the Order from.
5) Enter the date to stop – the Order should only be stopped once the full amount of the Order has been paid or you have received notification from the Courts to stop it.
Amount and Status
1) Priority – this box is ticked, by default. AEOs for maintenance or fines take precedence over each other by date of issue.
2) Periodic amount - enter the periodic amount to be deducted, as stated on the Order.
3) Protected Earnings – enter the Protected Earnings Rate for the employee, as stated on the Order.
4) Admin Charge – tick the box provided if you, the employer, wish to deduct £1 as an administration charge for operating the Order.
5) Enter the Total amount to be paid
6) Enter the Attachment Shortfall at start
7) Enter the Earnings Shortfall at start
8) Cumulative amount paid at start - if the employee has already paid some of the attachment (for example in a previous employment) enter the amount here.
9) Enter any Year to Date deductions, if applicable
10) Click Save.
Use the Notes section to enter any relevant notes relating to the employee's attachment order.
BrightPay will now apply the Attachment Order on the employee’s payslip from the relevant period.
Need help? Support is available at 0345 9390019 or firstname.lastname@example.org.