Please note: the Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme will close on 17th March 2022. Claims can be submitted up until 24th March 2022.
From 25th March 2022, entitlement to receive SSP from day one for Covid-related absences will come to an end. BrightPay users should select the normal SSP option when recording any sickness-related absences, regardless of whether or not it is COVID-19 related.
A Claim Report is available in BrightPay to assist users in ascertaining the amounts needed for input into HMRC's Coronavirus SSP Rebate Scheme online service.
Comprehensive HMRC guidance on the Coronavirus SSP Rebate Scheme can be found here.
1) To access this report, go to Employees > CSSPRS Claim:
2) Enter the start and end date of the Claim Period you are claiming for, taking note of the guidance on this screen, and press Continue:
Points to note when entering claim dates:
3) On the next screen, select the employees you wish to include in your claim.
4) On the final screen, a summary of your claim will be displayed. Enter any additional information that HMRC require when making a claim.
5) Once your Claim Report is completed, simply close out of the utility.
The CSSPRS claim report in BrightPay is an independent tool designed to assist users in ascertaining SSP reclaimable amounts for entry into HMRC's Coronavirus SSP Rebate Scheme online service.
Each claim report generated in the software is stand-alone and no data is saved each time a claim report is run. Therefore it is user responsibility to ensure that SSP amounts that exceed the maximum permitted by HMRC are not inadvertently claimed for any employee.
Need help? Support is available at 0345 9390019 or email@example.com.