2023-24 BrightPay (effective for pay periods on or after 6th April 2023) is now available to download.
Each annual installation of BrightPay installs separately to each previous tax year version. Therefore, once installed, you will see a new icon appear on your desktop for you to access 2022-23 BrightPay:
If you used 22-23 BrightPay, you will need to instruct 23-24 BrightPay to import your employer data files and all associated employee data records from 22-23 into 23-24 by following the steps below:
1) First establish the location of your 22-23 BrightPay employer data file(s). You can do this by simply hovering over an employer name on your 22-23 starting screen (as shown). The location from which the employer data file opens will be displayed on screen:
2) Open the 23-24 BrightPay software
3) Click 'Import Employer' followed by 'Import BrightPay 2022/23 files(s)...'
4) Browse to the location of your 22-23 employer data files, highlight the employer data file and simply select Open.
5) If you are importing multiple employer data files:
6) Select Open
7) All selected 22-23 employer files will now be imported into 23-24 BrightPay and will be listed on your 23-24 Open Company screen.
Please note: if the employer file is password protected, the password will be the same as the previous year.
Please note: All employee data records will be reset for the start of the new tax year and all associated 2023/24 budgetary changes will be applied as per HMRC instruction.
Employees without a new tax code
Carry forward the authorised tax code from the employee's 2022/23 payroll record to their 2023/24 payroll record.
Do not copy or carry over any ‘week 1’ or ‘month 1’ markings.
Employees with a new tax code
Keep and use the form P9(T) or other tax code notification with the most recent date on for each employee.
HMRC advises to:
• scrap any form P9(T) or other tax code notification for the same employee with an earlier date
• copy the tax code from the form P9(T) or other tax code notification onto your payroll record
• update any tax codes where you have received form P9(T) or other tax code notification after you have set up your payroll records.
Need help? Support is available at 0345 9390019 or firstname.lastname@example.org.